Sustainability at happy liquid
Overall, we at happy liquid already pay attention to sustainability in the manufacturing process and the ingredients.
Climate change is primarily driven by emissions of greenhouse gases. Long transport routes cause high CO2 emissions and thus contribute significantly to global warming and environmental pollution. We want to protect the climate as much as possible through our manufacturing processes and products. For this reason, happy liquid sources all ingredients from Germany and produces the liquids in our in-house laboratory on site in Munich.
Your advantage: When you buy a happy liquid, you can be sure that it is tested, regional goods from Germany. You can trust that the liquids reach you on minimal transport routes.
Vegan production, vegan liquids
For the production of our liquids we use only vegan ingredients. The two main ingredients propylene glycol and glycerin, as well as our flavors are produced without animal ingredients. Our ingredients are tested under strict analysis and expertise before use. Our certificates provide you with a breakdown.
No to animal testing
We are opposed to the use of animal testing, as is unfortunately common in the tobacco industry. It is true that animal testing is now banned in the EU. However, they can still take place in Asia and in the USA.
We attach importance to laboratory controls and animal-free research to examine the effect of liquids. We are expressly committed to this. That's why we support the development of innovative methods and use human lung cells for our tests. You can read about our contribution to research and science in our studies and publications, because transparency creates trust.
Due to the legal situation regarding liquids (TabErzG and TabErzV), we are legally obligated to pack our products comparatively elaborately. However, we strive within the scope of our possibilities to pay attention to environmentally friendly packaging.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- We can reuse packaging material, such as cushioning film, that we receive from deliverers for our shipments - which means less waste for the environment.
- All cartons, boxes and leaflets are made from FSC-certified and chlorine-free bleached paper with recycled content and, where possible, entirely from recycled material.
- You can fully recycle our packaging, including labels and adhesive tape, as long as they are disposed of properly in the paper garbage can.
- The plastic bottles that contain the e-liquids can simply be disposed of in the plastic waste - only when empty - as they are also fully recyclable. If there is still liquid in the bottle, however, it belongs in the hazardous waste!
Der Grüne Punkt
We participate in the dual system of DerGrünePunkt for the recycling of sales packaging. Based on the certificate, you can understand the amount of raw materials saved by recycling our packaging. However, in order for the return to reuse to succeed, we need your support. Resources can only be conserved if the packaging is disposed of properly. Help us and find out how packaging is recycled correctly.
The way is the goal
We want to do our part to protect the environment. Therefore, we do not stop looking for more ways to make our production, product and packaging more sustainable.
- With the help of the BfTG, we would like to encourage improvements in the current laws that allow us to use less packaging material.
- We are looking for more ways to reduce CO2 emissions and optimize our processes.
Your voice count
Do you have questions about sustainability? Would you like to offer criticism or share your ideas with us? We welcome feedback and suggestions from you. Please contact us. Your voice counts!